Project Education Student Sponsorship Program
Project Education for Batahola was developed by a group of volunteers from Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Cincinnati, Ohio. The initiative allows donors to sponsor students taking courses at the Center, as well as teachers teaching courses. The types of sponsorships available are:
- Child (6-16 years) or Adult for One Course at the Center: $95
- One Year’s Salary for a Teacher at the Center: $1,200
Sponsorships for High School and College Students
Project Education for Batahola also allows donors to sponsor scholarships, administered through the Center, for students to attend a local high school or university for one academic year. The types of sponsorships available are:
- One-Year Academic Scholarship for a High School Student: $250
- One-Year Academic Scholarship for a College Student: $500
Project Education for Batahola also welcomes cash donations to fund scholarships or to help defray operating expenses at the Center.
What Sponsors Receive
When you sponsor a student, you will receive a picture, a personal profile, and a hand-written thank-you note from the student you sponsor.
- Scholarship students are required to maintain their grade averages and return the gift of sponsorship in the form of service hours to the Center.
- Counseling and parenting classes are offered to the families of scholarship students, in order to improve students’ home environments
- Scholarship students develop strong study skills through tutoring programs and access to the Center’s library.
Here’s How to Sponsor a Student
To sponsor a student, please complete the sponsorship form and mail it to the address on the form.
Payment is made by clicking here. Please indicate that your donation is for Project Education.
To request more information regarding Project Education for Batahola, email Bob Sanker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All expenses of Project Education for Batahola are absorbed by Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Cincinnati, Ohio, and private donations. All student sponsorships and cash donations are tax deductible. Sponsoring a student is a one-time commitment. There is no ongoing commitment to continue to sponsor a student every year. Sponsorship enrollment period is November 1 to March 1 annually. Individuals who donate to Project Education at other times throughout the year may elect to have their donation applied to fund a sponsorship to be fulfilled in the following enrollment period or immediately contributed to the Center as an open donation to defray operating expenses at the Center.